Sunday, August 16, 2009

Good Children's Books By Topic

New Baby
Hello Baby by Rockwell
Before You Were Born by Davis & Cornell
Julius baby of the World by Henkes

Siblings
Big Sister, Little Sister by Zolotow & Alexander
Shelia Rae the Brave by Henkes

Competition
The Mightiest by Kasza
Timothy Goes to School by Wells

Potty Training
Time to Pee by Willems
Once Upon a Potty by Frankel
Where's the Poop by Markes & Hartung
A Potty For Me by Katz
The Potty Book by Capucilli & Stott
Everyone Poops by Gomi & Stincheson

Emotions
Today I Feel Silly by Curtis
When Sophie Gets Angry, Really Really Angry by Bang
Baby Faces (board book)
Wemberly Worried by Henkes
The Way I Feel by Cain
Feelings by Aliki
How Are You Peeling by Freymann & Elffers
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Viorst & Cruz

Moving
Boomer's Big Day by McGeorge & Whyte
The Berenstain Bear's Moving Day
Big Ernie's New Home by Martin & Martin
We're Moving by Maisner & Stephenson

Death
Whisper in the Woods by Wirth & Banfill
I'll Always Love You by Wilhelm
I Miss You: A First Look at Death by Thomas & Harker
Help Me Say Goodbye (activity book) by Silverman
Sad Isn't Bad (on grief) by Mundy & Alley
Tear Soup (on grief) by Schwiebert & Deklyen

Separation Anxiety
The Kissing Hand by Penn
I Don't Want to Go to School by Pande & Voerg

Starting School
DW's Guide to Preschool by Brown
What to Expect at Preschool by Murkoff & Rader
100 Days by Wells
Tales From Hilltop School by Wells

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Rene,

Thank you so much for all the helpful information and insights. I am looking for a reading list for my one and half. There are many children's books list out there but do you recommend any particular place that I should look at? I appreciate your thoughts.